Monday, May 18, 2009

Adios London

Last few hours in Londontown. Finally time to reflect.

I've had such an amazing experience here I can even begin to articulate it, maybe I will be able to later, but for now I can only say these few things.

What are the chances that we meet the individuals that radically shake up our very concepts of existence? What if these things, are both the most wonderful and the most horrible we've ever experienced? What then? Do we denigrate an experience for the negatives, or relish it for the positive?

The opposite of happiness, elation, bliss, isn't pain, sadness, anguish; it's emptiness, nothingness, void. I would rather spend a lifetime in the state I'm in, feeling as intensely and passionately about life and love as I do, then even a minute more of the numbness I've experienced.

I sit here, lump in my throat, trying in some vain hope to be able to encapsulate even a sliver of my state, and I'm failing, so I think I must bid adieu.

To anyone that actually reads this, Blogging is going to be more frequent this summer and back on theme now that I'm headed back to real life. But I'm going to decompress first. No friends, no "out", just me, alone, at home. Until the reverse culture shock wanes a bit at least.

No comments: